Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Getting Started

Hi Everyone! Jay Worrall here, making my very first blog entry. I suppose with time I will consider myself a blogger, but right now I feel a bit odd writing to everyone in general but no one in particular. Someday I suppose you, my faithful readers, will look back in the archives and say, "so this is where it all started!" I'm sure there will be excitement, such as opening an ancient Pharoah's crypt? I digress.

As the name of my blog may suggest I am an attorney. I graduated from California Western School of Law in 2003, took and passed the CA Bar on the first try, and clerked for the next 2+ years for Judge Robert C. Naraja, Presiding Judge for the Superior Court of the Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands. After clerking, I went to work in the business world, and haven't truly been a "practicing attorney" since. I have performed work on contracts, employment law, bankruptcy, distribution law, and other business-related legal matters, but I hadn't been inside a court room in years--until this last week. More on that later.

Despite my absence from the courtroom, I have stayed abreast of legal issues near and dear to me, and have also kept current with my CLE's. Now that I have become more active again in the legal world, I find that I have missed it more than I realized. Of course, being involved in a high-profile criminal case is always more exciting.

I am not sure what my next project will be. I have also been helping a small non-profit get their start, and that has been rewarding. Once I get through this trial I will take a short break and take stock of my situation. In any case, thank you for taking the time to read my first post, and I hope to keep publishing a steady stream of updates about legal issues, cases I am involved in, or current events that have relevance in the legal world. I hope you enjoy my posts!

Jay Worrall

No comments:

Post a Comment